Often, hearing from the doctor: “These tablets should be taken two times a day, we are not sure that this recommendation does not require additional instructions. After all, the doctor counts on the correct use of the drug, only then he will work as it should be with a specific disease.
There are a number of rules that should be taken into account when taking drugs.
one. When we are talking about triple or double the use of drugs, it should be taken into account that this meant day, not 15-18 hours, as many people are used to counting. Microbes have no break for sleep. And this means that with double administration, it is necessary to strictly take medications with an interval of 12 hours.
2. With prolonged use of drugs, in order not to forget about taking, the method of reminding. It can be an alarm clock, a calendar or a mini-apple that resembles a sound, at a certain time, about the necessary administration of the drug.
3. The instructions should be strictly adhere to the part where the method of taking the drugs is described regarding meals. If it is written “before eating” – this means that the drug should be taken on an empty stomach. “After eating” – such drugs are strictly forbidden to use without preliminary meal.
four. There are a number of drugs that cannot be consumed together. I mean in one appointment. In such cases, either the replacement of the drug with a different type passes, or a different time of administration is prescribed.
5. If there is no dividing strip on the tablets, and the recipe indicates the fractional number, then it is better to seek the recommendation to the attending physician, he will clarify the dosage for a specific drug. But in no case do not engage in an independent choice of dosage. This can lead to unexpected and not always favorable consequences. For the individual selection of the necessary dosages of drugs, sometimes you have to do express tests at home.
6. Medicines are washed down with simple water. Only a few drugs should be washed down with another liquid. This is immediately indicated in the recommendations for a specific drug.
7. When prescribing chewing tablets or tablets in the form of dragees, you should adhere to the instructions of use, because the effect of the drug directly depends on improper use. Chewing drugs must be chewed, and dwells to swallow without chewing. Capsular preparations are also not subject to opening and chewing, if there are no additional recommendations (for example: shekapsules for one reception).
eight. Each specialist has his own view and treatment methods. Sometimes the selection of drugs and dosage of them can be very different among specialists of the same level. This is most likely due to the experience and the method of treating a particular patient. Therefore, never take medications according to the scheme that the doctor prescribed to someone else.